Health Services in Dowerin
Ambulance - 000
An ambulance is based in Dowerin Ph: 000
Home and Community Care
Community Health CentreProviding care for the frail and young disabled people to remain in their own home - domestic assistance, home maintenance, social support, personal care, transport, day-care, meals-on-wheels.
Community care nursing - visiting the elderly and persons recovering from illness in their own home. Provides first line first aid and liase with other health professionals. PH: 08 9631 1060
Wyalkatchem Medical Centre
The Medical Centre has been funded by the Shire in conjunction with the Regional Medical Infrastructure Fund and the Shires of Koorda and Dowerin and the Western Australian Country Health Service.
The Medical Centre is now under the management of Wheatbelt General Practice, an initiative of the Wheatbelt GP Network. For appointments phone 9681 1140.
For further enquiries please contact (08) 9621 1530 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Goomalling Health Service
Goomalling Medical Surgery. Located in the Goomalling Community Centre at 51 Railway Terrace, the Goomalling Medical Surgery has one doctor and three practice nurses.
Please phone 08 9629 1166 Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm to make an appointment.
Forrest Street, Goomalling 6460 (12 minutes or 22 km). Ph: 08 9629 0100.
- Acute Care, Extended Care, Permanent Care, Palliative Care, Respite Care
- Accident and Emergency
- 24 hours
- Post Obstetrics
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Continence advisor
- Mental Health nurse
- By request
- Six bed nursing home
Wyalkatchem, Koorda and Districts Hospital
Honour Ave, Wyalkatchem 6485 (18 minutes or 35km). Ph: 9692 1222
24 hour emergency service
Northam Regional Hospital
Robinson Street, Northam WA 6401 (45 minutes or 75km).
PO Box 312,
Northam WA 6401
Ph: 08 9690 1300
Fax: 08 9690 1319
- An ACHS accredited Hospital that has provision for forty (40) beds.
- A 24 hour Accident and Emergency section;
- A Day Rehabilitation Hospital has provision for 10 clients on a daily basis.
- Northam Regional Hospital has a 24-hour emergency department staffed by clinical, registered and enrolled nurses. The doctors who serve this hospital are the local practitioners. One doctor is rostered to be available to treat EMERGENCY cases after surgery hours during weekdays and weekends.
- As doctors are not on site, there may be waiting times of up to 3 hours or more, depending on availability of the Doctor and the presenting problem.
- GENUINE LIFE THREATENING EMERGENCIES WILL AT ALL TIMES TAKE PRIORITY
- Operating Theatre
- Maternity section
- Outpatient clinics
- Medical Imaging
- Pathology facilities are available
- Services/ Facilities:
- Accident/ Emergency
- Coronary Care
- Geriatric Assessment
- Home and Community Care
- Nursing College Support
- Occupational Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Speech Therapy
- Physiotherapy Dean Butler
Northam Regional Hospital, Northam Ph: 08 9690 1300.
Child Health Clinic
Clinics are by appointment only, usually twice a month on a Thursday and Friday at the Home and Community Care Building. Contact Diana Clarke (community & child Health Nurse) on 9629 0104 for appointments or phone enquiries
Free childhood and adult immunisations are available according to the recommended Australian immunisation schedule. Every fourth Tuesday of the month by appointment at the Home and Community Care Building.
Contact Diana Clarke 9629 0104