Planning & Building Applications
In April 2012 was the introduction of the Building Act 2011 and the Building Regulations 2012 which dramatically changes the way of how you submit building plans to a Council for a Building Permit.
You must follow the guidelines set out in the Building Application Check List very closely to ensure a trouble free process in getting your Permit.
Please be advised that heavy penalties can be applied for building without a Permit. E.g. A first offence is a fine of $50,000, 2nd offence is $75,000 and a 3rd offence is $100,000 + 12 months prison.
Please download and read the following documents to ensure that you comply with the building act sufficiently:
- Notes for completing the Building Permit Application
- Building Conditions
- Planning Fees
- Building Application Checklist
- Application for Building Permit - Uncertified
- Building Information for Rural Areas
- Building Information Sheet
- Notice of Completion
- Demolition Application Form
- Structural Sufficiency Certificate
- Town Planning Application
- Septic Tank Application